VšĮ Žmogiškųjų išteklių stebėsenos ir plėtros biuras (ŽISPB) is a non-governmental non-profit organization with 4 permanent staff members (director, 2 social programmes coordinators and accountant) and 10 volunteers who help organizing activities implemented by the organisation.
The objectives of ŽISPB are:
– to observe, analyze and assess social phenomena and processes in the field of social and educational policy;
– to create, adapt and implement innovative social and educational initiatives and projects related to formal and non-formal education both to professionals and different target groups.
Organization develops and implements various projects, initiatives and interventions at both national-local and transnational level, in collaboration with formal and non-formal education providers, research centers, associations, NGOs, social cooperatives, SMEs, training centers, local institutions, public services, schools, etc.
The services are provided for different target groups: youth, volunteers, victims of violence, (ex) offenders, social risk families, social workers, social partners, disabled people, etc. Provided services include:
– development and implementation of local and international projects mostly with youth, socially excluded target groups, professionals working with youth, social disadvantageous groups;
– organization, execution and implementation of various social initiatives and activities, conferences, “round table” meetings etc. mainly in the field of working with youth, HR management, inclusion of socially disadvantaged, vulnerable groups (e.g. youth, victims, elderly, unemployed, disabled, etc.);
– development and accreditation of different programs for volunteers, perpetrators, post-graduated social workers, social workers assistants, nurses, manages, employers, etc.
– translation, interpretation services;
– provision of training.
ZISPB seeks to create or adapt new psychological services and training for the different groups of professionals working with youth, social disadvantageous groups to provide them with information, counseling and educational activities; to initiate, participate and implement both local and international projects in the field of social work, formal and non-formal education; to improve skills, competences and knowledge to professionals and volunteers and provide them with methodical support.
Organisation has expertise in assessing and developing soft skills, developing and implementing new learning methods, working out new strategies, methodical materials and programmes regarding effective vocational insertion. As well we are skilled in pilot trainings, e-learning, accreditation of programmes, quality assurance, dissemination and valorisation, project management, research, conferences and venues, etc.
ZISPB delivers training services for victims of violence, (ex)offenders, perpetrators about aggression, anger recognition and management: the perpetrator’s personality, interpersonal relations, conflicts, personal responsibility, how to express emotions (positive and negative), how to recognize and manage it in appropriate and socially acceptable ways. Our organization successfully applies different techniques which have been adopted as best practices from other partners and uses them in daily work with victims of violence and perpetrators: “The theatre of the oppressed” (forum theatre, rainbow of desires, invisible theatre, de-escalation techniques, street work method, etc.).
Currently the staff of ZISPB is working with 20 persons who used violence in domestic environment. There are two programmes (16 and 8 hours) created for the work with perpetrators. The programme aims at changing the destructive behaviour of men/women using various intervention models in order to protect the victim of violence from repeated violence. Themes discussed: the perpetrator’s personality, the origin and significance of anger, possibilities to change behaviour, interpersonal relations, conflicts, manifestations of violence, personal responsibility, etc. Parallel psychosocial support is given to victims of violence.
At the moment we are implementing NORDPLUS programme project “Nordic-Baltic Collaboration in Creating Innovative Training Programme for Adult Educators To Work with Perpetrators, Women and Children who Suffered from Domestic Violence”. We are aiming to create a model of holistic support for all parties involved in the domestic violence – women, children and men. The model will be based on the best practice experience from Iceland, Sweden, Norway and Lithuania.
From 1st of January we are starting to work with families which suffered from domestic violence – mostly women and children in adjacent region. All in all it is planned to work with 210 beneficiaries.